Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job at World Wide Fund for Nature… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at World Wide Fund for Nature.
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961, working in the field of the wilderness preservation, and the reduction of humanity’s footprint on the environment. It was formerly named the World Wildlife Fund, which remains its official name in Canada and the United States.
- Develop and maintain monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plan and system at the landscape level
- Coordinate and facilitate data management and MEL reporting at the landscape level
- Capacity building and provision of technical support to project staff and partners within the landscape on MEL
- Ensure quality routine data collection, collation, verification, analysis and reporting
- Coordinate baseline assessments and performance evaluation of projects
- Support development of MEL frameworks, MEL plans, work plans, standard operating procedures and systems for MEL
- Identify and clarify monitoring and evaluation requirements, including those related to specific project indicators, and update these throughout the life of projects
- Ensures compliance of all landscape projects initiatives with established MEL protocols, WWF Network standards, policy frameworks and best practices;
- Maintain and update the overall landscape indicator tracker for facilitating organizational strategic plan reporting;
- Contribute to the preparation of project reporting, according to donor requirements.
- Provide relevant evidence for learning from projects and at landscape level
- Ensure MEL results are used to consistently improve projects results and performance
- Assist in developing effective MEL guidelines and reporting systems;
- Support rollout and implementation of WWF Kenya’s information and knowledge management system
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge
- University degree in Natural Resources/Environmental Management/ Monitoring, or Evaluation or relevant discipline plus experience in M&E
- Five years of experience in a lead or supporting role on programme/project implementation, MEL methods and approaches within the INGO/NGO or similar sectors
- Considerable knowledge of computerized information system
- Knowledge in M& E System Design and Implementation at the project cycle
- Experience in use of learning frameworks, use of Stories of Change, participatory video/video testimonies, use of digital apps for MEL, social learning etc.